When you fancy a change of pace and a change of scenery you don’t need to leave the city- do what Londoners do and head to the parks. There is no park as popular as Hyde Park, one of London’s largest Royal Parks.
Because of its size Hyde Park has plenty of space for a whole host of different activities. Our choice of Hyde Park activities will give you some great ideas of what to do:
- Swimming – For the adventurous the main pond in Hyde Park has a swimming area for the public. There is nothing quite as refreshing as a dip in the Serpentine - but just remember it can be pretty chilly even in summer!
- Boating – Whether you are planning a romantic day out or a day with the kids, hire a row or pedal boat for a special experience in the heart of one of the world’s busiest cities.
- Cycling – London is fast becoming one of the most bike-friendly, big cities in the world. Enjoy a relaxed ride around the park. You can hire bikes from the London Bicycle Tour Company (1 Gabriels Wharf)
- Tennis – Head to Hyde Park's Tennis Centre and book a court for an energetic Game Set and Match.
- Horse Riding – For anyone ‘equinely’ inclined, Hyde Park has two horse riding routes for you to explore the park from a unique vantage point.
- Picnic Time – There is nothing better than a summer picnic in Hyde Park. Pack your favourite treats (or pick up something at one of the park’s refreshment spots) and meet up with friends for a lazy afternoon on the grass.
- Explore – Hyde Park is home to a number of famous landmarks and historic places of interest. Why not take a moment at the Diana Memorial Fountain, see the grand statue of Achilles, or have a listen at the famous Speaker’s Corner?
Hyde Park is London’s favourite park and is easy to get to from any of our central London hotels. If you are staying at Grange Langham Hotel, Grange Strathmore Hotel, Grange Fitzrovia Hotel, or Grange Rochester Hotel, you will find Hyde Park is just a short walk away.