The Grange Tower Bridge Hotel is proud to be one of London’s ‘greenest’ hotels. To tie in with our Corporate Social Responsibility policy, the entire hotel site has been designed using only the most energy-efficient building fabrics, materials and systems.
Our eco-friendly features include:
- An energy efficiency rating of ‘B’ on the A-G Energy Performance scale – this is one of the best among hotel buildings.
- High performance glazing to prevent overheating and to lower the building’s cooling demand.
- Energy efficient Heat, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems selected from the most energy-efficient options available.
- Water sourced heat pump to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions when heating and cooling the building.
- Low carbon Combined Heat and Power (CHP) unit to generate low carbon heat and electricity and covers the building’s base heating demands.
- 150 square metres of evacuated tube solar collectors to meet part of the building’s domestic hot water demand.
- ‘Green roofs’ incorporating photovoltaic energy panels to generate renewable electricity on site.
- On-site borehole system to allow the on-site abstraction of drinking water and reduce the water consumption of the hotel dramatically if not entirely.
Should you require any further details about our environmental policy, please get in touch.